WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM? APPLY NOW!
SEND YOUR CV AND PERSONAL STATEMENT TO email@example.com
- Get In The Ring is a worldwide podium for startups to raise capital. The aim is to bring the most promising entrepreneurs in contact with fans (investors, customers, corporate, and more). It is a unique pitching battle where contestants come together to fight off their ideas in an actual ring.
- Job overview:
IEC is looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer / National Service recruit to join our team as an Event Manager with a “can-do” attitude to organise our Get In The Ring event. The Event Manager will be working closely with our team members to ensure that GITR requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. The Event Manager will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for GITR, writing funding proposals, planning and managing the event and event teams, writing the post-event report, and coordinate the winners’ participation in the Global Meetup.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management.
- Event Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all are on track with GITR requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Developing a budget and operating plan for GITR.
- Writing event funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of the event.
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Assess IEC’s senior management in recruiting and managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities for the event.
- Meeting with senior management to make communication easy and transparent regarding GITR issues and decisions.
- Coordinate the registration, selection and pre-event training for participants.
- Managing the communication with potential investors and other guests for the event.
- Managing logistics.
- Managing branding and marking of the event.
- Developing event feedback surveys.
- Obtaining permits.
- Handling post-event reports.
- Coordinating the travelling logistics of the winners to attend the Global Meetup.
- Attending the organization weekly team meetings and training days.
- Event Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience in program / event management.
- Good leadership skills.
- Highly Organized and multi-tasker
- Competency in Microsoft and Google applications.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in various event software.
- Expert interpersonal skills.
- Age between 20 – 40
- Time and commitment required:
- Screening details for this role:
- Individuals will be provided with the following support:
Letter of recognition
Initial induction and training
Ongoing training opportunities
- Positive discrimination and support for this role will be provided for individuals with these challenges:
- Benefits you will receive as a volunteer / National Service recruit in IEC:
Working within the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Community you will be part of our success-driven, inspiring community; locally, nationally and globally. You will have access to our large network of entrepreneurs, mentors and experts inside and outside Sudan.
You will also have access to experience and knowledge from our regular member’s training, our programs and our community.